Off Topic but Relevant...Death On a Bun



I must comment to you my friends about an article in today’s Arizona rag newspaper. The article described Travel Magazine’s Top 10 hot dogs in the U.S. #7 was a Sonoran-style hot dog from El Guero Canelo right here in downtown Tucson. What is a Sonoran-style hot dog you may be asking? “Your hot dog comes wrapped in bacon and topped with beans, grilled and fresh onions, tomatoes, mayo, mustard, and jalapeno sauce.” In 2018 this Tucson hot dog won the highly-coveted James Beard Award.

There are some of you that love and devour hot dogs on a weekly basis. God bless you and keep on doing what you love. But as for me…if I took the 25-minute drive down the I-10 to El Guero Canelo and ate a Sonoran Dog…by the time I drove back home and walked into our house I would be headed straight for the toilet where I would probably remain for three days and would have to be lifted off that toilet by a sky crane, transported to bed, fed a liquid diet for a week, and finally endure another 2-weeks of recovery to learn how to walk again.

But that is just me. Below, a picture of a Sonora-Style Hot Dog. Looking at this…creature…you will quickly understand what I am talking about.

The French have a wonderful saying about food, about eating the wrong foods for your body. Here it is: “DEATH ENTERS THROUGH THE MOUTH.”

I don’t know if this Sonora-Style Hot Dog will kill you. But it will surely damn near cripple you for a bit.

Author of both Fiction and Non-fiction. Just released, Volume One DVD in the “Visit the Zoo” 12-book and DVD series. www.frederickfichman.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Animals

ANIMALS CENTRAL BLOG